October 4

Framing

TV, 1/6sec, f/20, 18mm, ISO 3200
Manual, 1/80 sec, f/6.3, 55,mm, ISO 3200
Manual, 1/80 sec, f/6.3, 55mm, ISO 3200

Framing Questions:

1.) What camera metering mode did I use and why?

For the first picture, I chose to use TV (shutter speed priority) because I wanted to try to use the zoom effect. The subject is a random teacher that was walking back to class and I saw the picture and shot. The other two were shot in manual so that I could have complete control over what I was shooting.

2.) Do I have a strong composition?

I do believe that my photos have good composition. They have shadows, leading lines, and diagonals that work to catch your eyes. I feel that they also spark wonder in the audience.

3.) How well did I edit my photographs?

I feel that I edited my photos well. I got the desired effect I wanted in all of my photos and they look good to me. Looking at the before and after probably makes me biased though because I can see the difference between the two.

4.) What would I do different if I shot this assignment different?

The only thing I would do different is that in the first one I had a tripod. This shot was more of on the moment shot and due to that it didn’t come out as well as I wanted.

5.) Do you think your photographs belong on the blog home page and should be considered one of the best from all the photo classes?

I hope that my work is good enough for the home page but there are some obvious flaws in each of my shots. To be the best of all the classes, there is not enough room for the mistakes I made in shooting and in editing. In other words, I would love to have my work on the home page, but there needs to be overall improvement to be one of the top in all of the classes.

Posted October 4, 2021 by sukilynne in category Projects and Posts